Sixth FormStudents » Sixth Form
Malmesbury School offers around 28 subjects at A level.
With the move to A Levels becoming a linear qualification (fully assessed at the end of Year 13), students in the sixth form will normally study 3 A levels in Year 12 and continue three of these onto A level.
Initially students in Year 11 are advised to apply for any combination of the 30 subjects.
Every effort is made to accommodate these choices and run an appropriate number of teaching groups. Unfortunately it is not always possible to accommodate every choice but the Head of Sixth form is always available to discuss alternative options.
Please check the curriculum documents area (Sixth Form) of the website for further course information.
The A Level subjects offered in September 2017 will be:
- Fine Art
- Computer Science
- Drama and Theatre studies
- DT - Resistant Materials
- Economics and Business
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film Studies
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Further Mathematics
- ICT (Btec)
- Music Technology
- Religious Studies
In addition to the main curriculum the school offers a core programme of lessons.
- a structured tutorial programme every other week as well as a dedicated 1:1 with the form tutor in the alternate week.
- Core Mathematics for all students who don’t study AS level Mathematics.
Optional courses include:
- IFS Certificate in Financial Capability (AS level equivalent). The Diploma level course (A level equivalent) is also available to students who successfully complete the IFS Certificate.