Please click here for our latest COVID update letters
Updated COVID guidance ‘Living with COVID.’
From Friday 1st April the guidance now focuses around learning to live with COVID. Please see the full guidance here: Government sets out next steps for living with COVID – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
What does this mean for Malmesbury School?
- Our current measures of ventilation and good respiratory hygiene (Catch it, bin it, kill it) remain
- Neither students nor staff in education settings should routinely test themselves for COVID
- We are not able to hand out any further testing kits to staff or students
- Adults with the symptoms of a respiratory infection, and who have a high temperature or feel unwell, should try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people until they feel well enough to resume normal activities and they no longer have a high temperature
- Children and young people who are unwell and have a high temperature should stay at home and avoid contact with other people. They can go back to school, college or childcare when they no longer have a high temperature, and they are well enough to attend
- Adults with a positive result from a private COVID-19 test should try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for 5 days, which is when they are most infectious. For children and young people aged 18 and under, the advice will be 3 days.
If you have any safeguarding concerns and would like to get in contact with our safeguarding officer please click here.
Support websites for students: A list websites and phone numbers that may be useful. Click here to view.