Staying safe online
- Thinkuknow Parent’s Guide to Snapchat
- Internet Safety – Think before you click! guide
- Net Aware – a website which allows parents to input the names of social media sites and learn about the potential issues associated with the site / app
- A guide to keeping your child safe online
- What is Geotagging?
Below is the link to a fantastic online magazine called Digital Parenting. The editions of this magazine, that you can download and read, contain a wide variety of articles on all aspects of new technology and online safety. There are lots of links to other websites, clear advice about protecting your children and a wealth of positive information about young people and technology.
- Coping with self harm guide
- Talk to Frank
- NHS / Drugs
- Drug Rehab
- Drug Rehab Connections
- Supporting Your Child with Eating Problems
Drug Rehab Connections is not a specific treatment facility, instead they are an informational website that connects addicts and their families with the help they need to put their lives together. They provide them with information and support on different addictions and recovery resources available to them.
Anti-bullying Web Links for Parents
Below is a link to a great article about social networking sites and self esteem
Careerpilot is a free website that provides impartial careers information to students aged 13-19 in the South West region about all the choices available.
The site has:
- Information on twenty job sectors
- Details about the choices at 14, 16 and 18
- Career tools to help students make informed decisions
- An adviser zone with resources for teachers to use
- A parent zone
Careerpilot is co-funded by all 12 universities in the South West region.