It is important to note that decisions on grading have not yet been made, therefore please keep studying hard to complete your courses. Below you will find the assessment timetables for Y11 and Y12 & 13. If you have any concerns please speak to your Tutor or subject teacher.
Grades – 2021
Evidence sources for grades
Malmesbury School centre policy
Summer 2021 series appeals
GCSEs, AS and A-levels
- Students’ right to appeal – If a student (including private candidates) feels the grade they’ve received is wrong, there’s an appeals process unique to this summer series, for them to follow.
- Grounds of appeal – Ofqual has produced a Student guide to awarding summer 2021 to help explain the process.
- Stage one – Centre review
- If a student feels their grade is wrong, they should speak to their school or college first to check if there was a mistake in determining or submitting the grade.
- If there was a mistake, schools and colleges can submit a revised grade to the exam board to consider.
- Stage two – Exam board review
- If schools and colleges don’t find a mistake but the student still believes that their grade is wrong, they can ask their school or college to submit a formal appeal to the exam board for them. Students can appeal if they believe any of the following applies:
- there was an error in the way the school or college followed or applied its procedure for determining their grade
- the school or college did not make a reasonable judgement when deciding which evidence to use to determine their grade
- the school or college did not make a reasonable judgement about their grade based on the evidence gathered.
- If an appeal is submitted to an exam board, schools and colleges will need to supply the complete evidence in support of the student’s grade.
- Deadlines – appeals must be submitted to exams boards by 23 August 2021 for priority appeals (for students applying to higher education who did not get their first choice, and wish to appeal an A-level or other Level 3 qualification result), or by 17 September 2021 for non-priority appeals.
Correcting results – Students should be aware that their grade could go up, down, or stay the same.
Student guide to awarding summer 2021
Yr 11 Candidate exam handbook 2021
Y12 Student Exam Timetable -21st June – 28th June 2021
Y12 Assessments 2021 Student Timetable